I made these two quilts for family this Christmas. I tried out some new quilting, but forgot to take pictures of the quilting itself -- we had to hurry and snap these pictures before they got shipped off for the holidays.
Each quilt was about 68" square. I made it using the fabric line Snippets by American Jane.
I started the centers well over a year ago. I loved them, but didn't know what to do for the borders. It took months until I found the right combination of movement without too much distraction from the center. When I started the border I had no idea how much work it would take -- there are a lot of squares in that thing! I really think it works though.
I doubled up the batting for the first time as well. It made the blankets much heavier, each one weighed about 5 pounds when finished. I really like using 100% cotton batting because it breathes so well. And, I can't deny that the crinkles from the cotton just make me smile!
But, over time the blankets get pretty thin. I'm hoping that by doubling it up, they will stay much thicker.
Overall, I was very pleased with the final result. Hopefully they will be loved by their new owners.